December 7, 2017

In Need of Cheap Instant Pot Accessories? Try this!

Instant Pot Accessories

Thrift Store Haul

I have had my Instant Pot for a few weeks now and have found so many amazing recipes I would like to try. The problem? Many require additional accessories that do not come with the Instant Pot. My Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 came with a measuring cup, rice paddle, small ladle, and a trivet.
Once you get acquainted with your Instant Pot you may find that you want to add some accessories to your arsenal in order to get the best use out of your new gadget.

Here is a list of accessories you will want to get the most use out of your Instant Pot
  • 10" Glass Lid
  • Mason jars -- various sizes
  • Mason jar lids
  • Trivet
  • Steamer basket
  • Colander
  • Cutting board
  • Silicone egg tray
  • Wooden spoons or spatulas
  • Oven safe dishes or bowls
  • Silicone oven mitts
  • Extra long silicone tongs
Instant Pot has a ton of these accessories on their official website. The only accessory that you MUST purchase from Instant Pot is extra or replacement silicone sealing rings. Every other accessory can be improvised.

The only major difference between all of the Instant Pot cookers is the size (3 qt, 6 qt, or 8 qt for now) and the interface (mine has a blue LED screen). I purchased my Duo Plus because I loved the face of the device and for the added Yogurt and Cake "features." Again, you can make every Instant Pot recipe in any Instant Pot, you just need to know the capabilities of your Instant Pot model (pressure settings).

Once I settled on a yogurt and cake recipe for the Instant Pot, I realized I needed to pick up some additional containers and a pan small enough to fit inside of the cooker. I did not own an oven safe pan small enough to fit within the 7" diameter of my 6 quart Duo Plus. I browsed a few retailers' websites and realized that the accessories I wanted and needed to make these recipes happen were a little pricey. Being the frugal person that I am, I set off to my local thrift store.

Here's my 1st Instant Pot accessory thrift store haul for less than $15!


  • 2 Quart Mason jars
  • 3 Pint Mason jars
  • 8 Mason jar lids
  • Colander
  • 6" Oven Safe Glass Dish
  • BONUS: Teavana Perfectea Maker!! (This has nothing to do with the Instant Pot, or does it? I always wanted to get into loose teas... we will discuss that later)
Before you go spending a fortune on brand new accessories for your Instant Pot, check out your local thrift stores. (Remember: Your Instant Pot is also a sterilizer if you feel weird about using someone else's cooking supplies.)