March 25, 2013

A Review of the Top Selling Lotion Bar from Jordan Essentials

I experienced my first lotion bar around 2004 while I was going through a phase of finding any honey body product I could find. The lotion bar I purchased came in a tin and had a cute little bee imprinted on the top. I can't remember the name of the company that manufactured it or even recall exactly what it was made of.
 (I just did a Google search and lo and behold... there it is! The Bee Bar!) I loved the scent of vanilla, and honey, of course. At that time of my life, I was always on-the-go and this little bar was a nice way to make sure my skin stayed moisturized wherever I went. There was one major problem with that particular bar... it made my skin so greasy and tacky! Time went on, I stopped using the bar, and I never saw another lotion bar until now.

I was searching for natural hair product recipes, and then I wandered into essential oils, and stumbled upon some recipes for lotion bars. I was then reminded of how much I loved the concept of having such a convenient little bar to take with me anywhere. I started searching for name brand lotion bars and came across the company, Jordan Essentials. Go figure... they also carry more natural bath & body products that contain essential oils.

What initially got me searching for a new way to fragrance my body is a newly acquired allergic reaction to many of the brand name fragrances I'd grown to love. :( Suffering from itchy eyes and sinus infection after sinus infection was becoming too high of a price to pay just to smell a certain way.

The Jordan Essentials Lotion Bars are formulated perfectly from almond oil, coconut oil and other natural ingredients! They do not leave my skin feeling or looking greasy or tacky. They don't irritate me in any way which is a major plus. The scents are heavenly, true to their description, and they last so long with just one application!

Greatness in the palm of my hand!

My favorite scents of their 18 Signature Scents include:
  • Coconut Papaya
  • Chocolate Mint
  • Vanilla Cream
  • and... Sea Spa
Although the uses for JE Lotion Bars seem to be almost limitless, so far I have only used the lotion bars as a lotion and for their wonderful fragrance. I look forward to trying some of the suggestions from Jordan Essentials' "50 Ways to Love Your Lotion Bar" including:
  • Using it as air freshener in my car
  • Melting it in a wax warmer as fragrance at home
  • and in my hair, to tame baby hairs (and add a unique fragrance!!)
 I LOVE these things! As long as they're making them, Jordan Essentials will have a customer for life!