April 9, 2013

I found a versatile replacement for wax tarts!

I want to take a moment to talk about my experience with using a Jordan Essentials Lotion Bar (priced $8-10) in my wax warmer to scent my home. I just moved to a new apartment, had company coming over, and wanted to make sure my home smelled great. I figured this would be a great time to try the lotion bar in a wax warmer idea.Well first of all, I only used a tiny, sample sized lotion bar thinking that using it in the wax warmer would turn the lotion bar into something that couldn't be reused.

Note: Unfortunately, this sized Jordan Essentials Lotion Bar is not available for sale at the moment but I am definitely going to suggest the size for this purpose. But... priding itself on selling American made products, there would have to be an American manufacturer producing the Bar warmers.
I chose "Sea Spa" since it is great for both women and men
I popped it out of the container and tossed it in the wax warmer plug-in I have and plugged it up in my hallway bathroom. I didn't time how long it took to melt but it had to be no longer than 5 mins that a little bit of the scent had made its way to my living room. That was all good but how long would the scent last from such a small amount? I had to have had it plugged in for at least 6-8 hours and the scent was still going strong.
The melted Jordan Essentials Lotion Bar sample in my warmer
Now for the ultimate question: will the lotion bar still be in a good enough condition to still be used? After letting the melted Jordan Essentials Lotion Bar sample cool about 30 mins or so, I attempted to remove it from the warmer. It was a little difficult to remove, probably because there was so little to get out but after letting some warm water sit on top of the Lotion Bar remnants, I was able to scrape it out with just one finger. I smushed it into a ball and pressed it right back into the little plastic container that held it before. When removing the Lotion Bar melt, I was surprised that there was still plenty of scent coming from it since I thought it would quickly become an unscented lotion bar. I let it sit around to harden some more (I recommend putting it in the fridge for better results) and then proceeded to use it as lotion on my arms. I found that it was easier to get it to melt into my hands for application after being used in the wax warmer, but I'm sure cooling it first will allow it to return completely to its previously more solid state if that's what you prefer. Now that I think about it, the Lotion Bar had turned into a sort of scented salve.

Lotion Bar sample after cooling

The bottom line: I'm so happy that using the Jordan Essentials Lotion Bar in my wax warmer worked extremely well and that it can still be reused as well! And I was going to buy some wax tarts to use around the house. Not anymore! Why? When I can melt the Lotion Bar as a fragrance, then turn around and use it for other purposes until it disentegrates! I challenge all of you to give it a try, you will be pleased. To back my challenge, I am giving away Jordan Essentials Lotion Bar samples, simply fill out the form on my website here. Or, you can purchase Jordan Essentials Lotion Bars here simply click "Shop Now."